I have had both an amazing and a difficult time the last couple of weeks since I realized I healed myself of being a healer. I knew this at some level before, but had not put it into such a succinct statement. My entire life has been a journey to heal others (and myself) in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
I have been doing a couple of #365projects on Instagram – posting once a day for a healing prayer or sorts, which I call a Creation Invocation, and once a day for my word of the year: circle. I didn’t post this weekend in part because since I have healed myself of being a healer, I have washed my hands of holding the role of caretaker, and what I am posting has lost its resonance.
In Siberian shamanism, there are seven types of “spirit twins.” We might think of them as archetypes, spirit guides, or even natural gifts. The seven spirit twins are: Magus, Healer, Teacher, Messenger, Protector, Warrior, and Executor (meaning someone who takes action, not someone who kills). How to you either fill the cup of one archetype in order to move on to the other, or fill all of them and decide what lies beyond these archetypes?
Here are a few of the things that got me to this amazing place:
- I came out of the closet – The first step was admitting that I am really good with my intuitive skills. I need to embrace and celebrate them rather than hide them in shame.
- I recognized when I healed someone else that some of that was also for me – Being mindful of receiving from others, even in mysterious ways, was profound. I learned a lot about myself while I was treating my clients.
- I trusted my intuition – My intuitive skills are incredibly reliable and valuable. I pressed the believe button, even when I thought the answer was ridiculous. Check out my YouTube video on Finding Your Bacon for an example!
- I cut ties with others – This ties in with trusting your intuition closely, and sometimes those ties don’t align with our societal constructs. Sometimes you even have to let go of family members, or at least come to the realization that your spiritual work together is complete here on Earth. When it is the case, that perspective can take a lot of the emotions out of the situation and create space for new and amazing people to come into your life.
- I fully remembered and merged with my soul – This is a more esoteric thing, but I came to a beautiful metaphor to remember my soul – it is like an iridescent white rose with a bluish tint. I was able to expand that within myself and extend it around me, which has been insanely transformative for such a simple visualization. Yours may look different (and probably does).
For myself, I feel as if I have healed myself of being all of these spirit twins. What lies beyond that? As far as I can tell, just Source energy, God, the Field of Potentiality, or whatever word you have for the highest vibration in the Universe. I feel closer to God and myself than ever before and that gives me the ability to play as all of the spirit twins at once – or something beyond spirit twins.
In the time I have been working on this, I believe I have figured out how I want to reinvent my Instagram project. Head over to my page to check it out!
What does your soul look like?